I Didn't Get to be a Student There, But...

By Kezia Tania - Thursday, July 19, 2012

I've finally got my new school!!!
This is so exciting! :D

Well, it's not that 'EXCITING' actually... Since I knew that the school where I'm gonna attend is not my first choice.

It started when I knew that I could choose for more than one school in the government of education's website.
One to three choices, I mean.
(wait. It sounds like "1, 2, 3" -_- hah. Just forget it~)

I've been looking for some good senior highs that stands pretty close to my house, so I choose A, B, and C.

But then on the day where I could finally input my choices in the site,  I was so confused.
I mean I know that A is one of those best senior highs here in this town and so many kids want to attend in that school. But the problem is that I haven't been inside it cause the first time I went to it, the security said that we couldn't get in cause they were going to check and clean the school for the 12th graders' national exam on the next day.

I felt stupid that I forgot that info.

So the next week, I went to see B and found that it has such a small building. Well, smaller than the other 2 choices, I mean. So little trees and plants, and classes (even though it has 2 more floors up from the first one).
Also, it has a pretty high passing grade. Around 8.7 average.
So I got 9.22 and that means, I could pass the PG! :D
Plus, this school is the closest to my house than those 2 other schools I choose.

And the last, I finally moved my feet to C.
This school is actually way better than B cause it has higher passing grade, Around 9.0 average I guess, even though it's not higher than A which has PG around 9.5 :P
C has a bigger building than B but not as big as A for as good as I could see from the outside of A.

There were so many wall magazines on the left wall right after you enter the gateway. And I've seen one of them that shows so many extra classes (or which we call it most as 'extracurricular' or 'excul' for short, here).
I was so interested at the first sight with this school just because of the extra classes I saw from the list, also from the way this school building looks like.
Not looking like an office building like my old school looks like. You know... Less trees and plants and more walls and windows and doors and stairs and stuffs.
I don't know.
Maybe someday they might build some escalators and lifts like the center of their school branches. (My old school actually has hundreds of branches spreads around Indonesia since around 60 years ago. Sorry, hard find any other word that means 'branch'. You know, another word that almost means as 'franchise'. Like McDonalds, you do know there are bunches of McDs around the world.. Well, just forget it! So confusing...)

Back to the topic.
So umm..
Yeah.

So then I finally chose A, B, and C.
And waited until it comes the time for me to verify that I want to attend one of those schools.

Here's the rule:
If I didn't get into the first choice, I would be in the second one. If I didn't get into the 2nd, I'd be in the 3rd. And if I still didn't get into all of those choices until the last day of the verification day (6th of July!) then I could register myself again and choose another 3 schools for the second time.

I went to my grandma's house from 2nd to 5th of July where kids around Indonesia who wants to attend their next senior high were covered in anxiety, hoping that they wouldn't be kicked out from their first choice.

Oh yeah. Another important rule again: If you attended your old school outside the town where those senior highs you chose stands, you would only get 5% from the limit of all new students (from inside and outside the town) that will attend the school.

For example, if they accept only 100 new students, then you would only have 5 chances to be accepted in the school. Means they only accept 5 new students outside the town where it stands.

I attend my old school outside the town where I choose A, B, and C. So I was so anxious.

For A, I only have 15 chances and right from the start on the first day I verified myself, I was in the 6th place from 15 chairs. I kept on looking on the site as my name runs down and down and finally, I was kicked out on the third day.
There were so many kids with higher scores than mine.

Then I checked my name on the B's list and found it in the 8th place. Was not really anxious after this cause they had 17 seats for kids outside the town.

So yeah, I may not be in A but I'm sure there's gotta be something way better for me in B :P

I'll post some more about this school later!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments