Happy 66th Birthday, Indonesia! (on August 17th 2011)

By Kezia Tania - Thursday, August 18, 2011



Heeeeyy...!! Sorry I was late to write this post :P
As usually; got lots of homework, and blah blah blah to do for school -_- hahaha, but here I am, sitting in front of my dad's computer and writing this post! >_^
So yesterday on August 17th, my country (Indonesia) had its 66th birthday *yeay!* Or, as we usually called; its Independence day.

So, I don't know. I suppose I have to write this post in Indonesian, but I don't think so, since I haven't write any post in English, so I guess it's time for me to do it.
So anyway (gee, I guess I'm too much using 'so' -_- oh well, whatever), my school just had the August 17th Competitions today. We all wore our clothes in red or white (just like Indonesia's color of the flag).
And I gotta tell you that my group (who joined the National Song Cmpetition, including me) was a total weird performance ever. I mean, yeah well.
Not really, actually :P
So, let me tell you the story. The National Song Competition was held in Audiovisual room. And I was all like, "Gee. We will never win if our competitors are mostly good--even better--than us!". I felt that cause some of them (the competitors) was practicing their performance in front of us. And there was a 7th grader boy that played his guitar REALLY REALLY GREAT.

I don't know who's his name but I guess he's Bataknese since my teacher asks him to play a Bataknese song and he knows the lyrics well! :P

Okay. So, back to the competition. When it came for us to perform, I could feel that my heart just wanted to jumps out of my chest -_-
The committees only gave us ONE mic and it wasn't a standing mic. So I had to hand it to my friend who also played the guitar so everyone in audiovisual room could hear his voice too.
I actually wanted to hand it for him but then it felt sooooo awkward and besides, the song was almost finished. So I didn't hand the mic and I just used it by myself like I was the only one in my group who was singing.

I felt sooo weird cause my friend was sitting and it's kinda stupid to hand the mic for him. So, in the end, we didn't win. The winner was the 7th grader. That 7th grader boy who ROCKS at guitar. His class won the competition. Oh well, I'm really okay with that since I knew we played worse than his group :D
So anyway, on August 17th we had a ceremony to celebrate the Indonesia's Independence Day on the same date of August.

The person who speech was the Senior High's principal. He told us all about how we should be grateful and appreciate the national warriors of Indonesia who had die in the wars just to get our Indonesia free from colonizers by studying hard to get our aspirations (or whatever we call with the same meaning of 'dreams' -_-)

And we all were shocked cause he accidentally said, "MERDEKA!!" or in English, means "INDEPENDENT" or "FREE". Yeah, like that -_-

And one sentence that shocked me little bit more was "Indonesia has known as a friendly country". I was all like, "Oh. Wow. Never heard of it before."
I mean, yeah well I didn't mean to be unkind, but all I've ever heard about world's opinion of Indonesia is that our country is full of terrorists, and lots of hungry and poor people are spread everywhere.

But I was glad to know that it was true (the thing that says 'Indonesia has known as a friendly country') since I finally realized that I've heard about that before for several times -_-

And now, I wanna give some little information about my country; Indonesia, which I get from several sources from the Internet (thank you, Mr.Google! :P)

1. Bali. i guess, this island has already known internationally as one of several best islands to visit for beach activities. Yeah, it is :D
Well, I haven't been there actually but I will...... next year, on my farewell party with my friends! :D *yeaaay* hahahaa.. Well, as far as I know, Bali has lots of beautiful beaches to visit. And there are lots of westerns there. Hahahahaha

2. Batik.

Now this is one of my favorite things from Indonesia!!! I love batik :)
Batik is from Java island. The Javanese made Batik first, and then it came popular all around Indonesia. Batik has lots of patterns.


Well, it depends on the person who made the Batik, actually :)


I'm a bit confused and also mad since I knew that Malaysia had 'stolen' this one of Indonesia's cultures >:(
So I guess I gotta tell you whoever you are, who reads my blog now that: BATIK IS FROM INDONESIA!!

3. Reog Ponorogo.
This is one of Indonesia's traditional dancing. I've heard that this had been 'stolen' from us :'((

Reog Ponorogo is from East Java. Malaysia named this traditional dance as 'Tari Barongan' or 'Barongan Dance'. And again, I just wanna say that Reog Ponorogo is actually from Indonesia! :D

Oh my God. There are sooooooooooo many things I have to describe about Indonesia's cultures. But I guess, it would take a week for me to finish it :P
So I guess it's better for me to stop it now.

Oh! Yeah, I forgot. Let me tell you an interesting and wacky fact about my lovely country, Indonesia: there are 13.466 islands, about 726 traditional languages, and 1.128 tribes in Indonesia.

Seriously.
I'm not lying about that.
100% true.
Don't believe me? Ask Mr.Google :P


well FYI, I'm a half Javanese and a half Bataknese :P
Hahahaha

See ya! >_^

and Happy Birthday, Indonesia! *late... again*

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments