Happy New Year 2013 Everyone!!

By Kezia Tania - Friday, January 04, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013 EVERYONE!!

Finally, 2012 is over. And now, it's time for us to face 2013 waaaaayyy much better than before :D
I do hope that this year will bring good lucks for all of us (even though there's number '13' in '2013' :P) and that all of our dreams and our new resolutions will come true :D
And oh yeah! One more thing. I also hope that God will give us some new strength and the ability to face the obstacles and difficulties along this year!!

So, how was your holiday, especially your New Year's eve celebration?
Well, I had a pretty different kind of new year celebration this year.

But before I wanna tell you about it, I guess I'd like to tell you about the days I spent before the new year's eve :P

Dec 24th 2012:
I and my mom made baked macaroni and klappertaart (an Indonesian-Dutch dessert)and shabu-shabu and went to church for a Christmas Eve chapel.
 
Shabu-shabu










Baked Macaroni












Klappertaart












Dec 25th 2012:
Went to church for a Christmas chapel and later after that (in the evening, I guess) I and my family went to a mall (which is a REALLY big mall that stands closest to our house and which was just built and was opened this December. So it was pretty cold there cause the air conditioners were all new and not so much stores had already opened. I was going to come to the bookstore there but we couldn't find it after walking along the mall. But it was fun :D)

Dec 26th 2012:
Indonesian fried rice
Made fettuccine and Indonesian fried rice with my mom. And oh yeah, my closest friend in junior high also came to my house and we talked a lot and installed a game she wanted me to install on her laptop. It was great to have her back and talked with her about some things which had just changed in her live and our old friends' behavior when they got into senior high :P hahahah



Fettuccine

Things can change  easily and faster than we could ever thought it might be.
Dec 27th 2012:
Went back to the new-huge-mall with my mom and my dad, and I bought a new beige colored flat sandals (got a 50% discount for the item. But, you know a 50%-discounted-shoes... they got broken shoe boxes! hahahaha XD) and we bought some yummy breads in a bake shop :)

Dec 28th 2012:
I had a vocal group practice in the evening at the church and went to one of my friends' house and had dinner there while waiting my parents practiced with a choir at the church (seriously, it took around 3 hours for them to practice. So it was quite late when they finished)

Dec 29th 2012:
Had another vocal group practice at 9 a.m and later at night, went out for dinner with mom and dad.

Dec 30th 2012:
Fried kwetiau
Made a fried kwetiau with mom. And went to church at around 5 p.m so I could practice with the vocal group before the church service at 7 p.m. We sang "I Have Seen the Light". It was a beautiful song, really. Then I just realized that my mom nor my dad wasn't there at the church, so I had to text my mom to pick me up. Then we went home and we just remembered that the fried kwetiau wouldn't be enough for our dinner, so we bought some fried rice to bring home which was kinda weird and awkward because I felt that the guy who packed our fried rice looked a bit like Max Thieriot when he was young, well, just like him when he played My Soul to Take :P


Dec 31st 2012:
Brenebon
My mom made lasagna and brenebon (a dense soup, made from kidney beans) then we went to the church (again) for the New Year's eve church service , then we had dinner at a Japanese restaurant and went back to home. We decided to go home just to change our clothes and went out to see fireworks but on our way to the mall where we wanted to see the fireworks, we were trapped by the traffic jam. Man, it was crazy because the road were full of motorbikes, cars, and even people walking on it to see some fireworks that had been shot several times before the new year.
So we decided to turn around and drove along another road that led us to my mom's friend where I and my mom would celebrate our new year and had some snacks at her friend's house. But before that, we went to the gas station and on our way to the gas station, we knew that it was already new year. It was already January 1st 2013!
Lasagna
Yeah, so, we arrived at the gas station and my mom said "happy new year!" to the people there and thankfully, we could see some fireworks out there, right on top of the houses in front of the gas station (a bit far from it, actually). 
So my dad drove us to my friend's house and we had some snacks and we did karaoke (some very old songs from the 80's and 90's) and I met 2 of my old friends and we talked (but not as much and as crazy as we did long time ago, when the dinosaurs were still exist in this planet) until it was finally 3 am, and my mom's other friend took us back to our house. 
I guess I fell asleep at around 4.15 am.




Jan 1st 2013:
It was the very first day of the year!!! And I had to get up from my bed at 9 a.m. Well, I actually had to wake up at 8, but my mom was on her phone for so long so she forgot to wake me up when  was quite sure that she promised me she'd wake me up on that time.
That was my very first church service this year. I played keyboard and my mom played the grand piano. We went back to our house after church and ate the lasagna my mom had made :D

So, those were the days I experienced before the new year, until the new year came.
I didn't go out of town like we used to every year, but I was glad to learn some new things on how to cook some simple meals my mom used to cook (such a full-cooking holiday!) and especially, to be close with my parents :)

Well, I guess that's all for tonight. It's already 12.35 a.m now here (Jan 4th) 
So, see you on my second post of this year!! :D

Anyway, sorry for my bad grammar! I know I need to learn on how to write everything in English way much better.
And oh, yeah! I do not own any of those pictures in this post. I got them from Google :)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments