A Movie to Watch

By Kezia Tania - Thursday, July 10, 2014

Hey! I'm on my way to write another new post. So meanwhile, I'd like to share this movie to you whoever is reading my blog posts. I was looking for some Indonesian novels that had already been filmed and would love to watch some of them on the internet. But then this movie caught my eyes and I was like, "oh yeah, why can't I watch this?" And the movie itself tells about Joko Widodo (mostly known as 'Jokowi'), one of the 2 candidates for the next Indonesian President this year.

I actually thought it would be so much better to watch this movie with your family or friends because I think, for me, it really did touch my feelings (don't ask me if I did cry or not). It'll open up your mind of people around you, mostly those who live in poverty that they also have the same rights as other people who live in wealth, that it's not a failure to be born in poverty, and that you can always reach what you believe if you keep your belief and stay with it.

Seriously, it'll also tell you that you have to live in modesty, and to be grateful of everything that you have. A place to live for, a family, food and the drink you can enjoy, and even the breath that you're still breathing. On the first 6-8 years of Jokowi's life, there was also a scene on which he was bribed by some of his classmates in a pengajian class, but he refused it. He said he couldn't take the money, even the kid gave him even more money to shut him up for not telling their teacher that the kids had escaped the rest of the class. Hey. This really tells that most of us (mostly Indonesians) shall not take some bribes to do stuffs. If what we were supposed to do is not the right thing to do, then don't do it, and don't take any money to just doing it.

Don't worry, it has English subtitle on it if you don't speak Indonesian :)



 Video by: DCU homentertainment


Well, I guess that's all for today's post. I hope you'll enjoy watching this movie and it'll motivate you more to be a better person :)



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments