The End of the World, Report Card, and um.... Fans Club?

By Kezia Tania - Thursday, December 13, 2012

Maaaannn. Why do I still have to go to school till next week??

Actually, it's a quite silly question I have cause most public schools in my country usually start the Christmas and New Year holiday (or as we usually call it as the first term holiday) on around 20s of December.

Not like in my old school, where they'll start their holiday this week. 

One of my friends told me they'll celebrate Christmas in their school tomorrow (yup, on December 14th) and will also get their first term report card on the same day (I guess? Or maybe this Saturday?). And then? They'll be FREE! FREE LIKE A BIRD! Whoahahahaa

Okay, that's enough.

And me? Ugh. Well, like I've said before, that I still have to go to school till next week, and will get my first term report card on December 21st.

Well then, could it be? Could it happen? Because I heard people believe that the end of the world is on that day.
 So it's a bit confusing, I think. I mean isn't it funny that you know you'll get your first term report card on the day the world will end?

Hahaha. I mean, come on. I laughed at this kind of thought and it took about 5 minutes for me to finally breath well back again.

It couldn't be just as if you wake up in the morning on the day, go to school with your parents to take your report card, and when your teacher gave you the report card...... WOOOOOSSSSHHHH
You're all dead.

But anyway, I still can't give my own opinion if I do believe that the world will end on December 21st. 

I still think that there's no way it will end so fast in about a week from now. But it still makes sense because some natural disasters happened recently, and that the world's atmosphere feels so different and strange day by day.


For example, now in my country, the sun shines way brighter and rises faster than it was before. When I was still a student in my old school, it used to shine bright at around 6.30 am. But now, I could feel its 6.30-am-shine at around 5 am.

And besides, the temperature also getting hotter and crazier. That is why when my teacher said that the school is gonna take off the air conditioner in every class, I was like "NOOOOOOOO WAAAAYYY!!"

Also, I haven't really enjoyed my new life as a senior high student. I've been surviving in this school and my life have been quite weird and so different that mine before.

I have a friend whom I knew from a Christian community in the school. We're the only Christian kids in our class but that doesn't matter, really. She likes all things and gossips about K-Pop (well, she's a HUGE fan of it). And, it's quite awkward to be with her because she doesn't really like western music like I do and I don't really like K-Pop so we sometimes miscommunication.

And there's another kid who also in my class and he's also a HUGE K-Pop fan. So they both got close enough with me cause we often make school projects together. And suddenly, this kid asked me if I wanna join his K-Pop fans club that he made in our school. Well, not including those K-Pop fans from our seniors, just the 10th grader K-Pop fans.

And actually, I wasn't really interested with the club, but I don't know why, he kept asking me to join and talked about all of his plans to make some videos of him and the other members, covering some K-Pop songs.

I really wanna quit from that fans club. Besides I know he only needs me to help him making the videos by playing keyboard or piano. He's so bossy too. He kept sending us some text messages, telling us to think about how they would make the videos look great, and in the end of his text messages, he adds a 'remaining note', telling that he pleases us to do so, cause he's the leader of the group.

Bzzzzzzt.
The end of the world is only a week way to go and I DEFINITELY don't wanna be involved in a fans club where I'm not interested in every subject they're talking about and where I'm only gonna be used to help them shine. Besides, I don't understand and don't know anything about K-Pop, so I won't understand everything they'll talk about. And that won't make myself work well to help them making the videos.

I mean I won't do my best for anything that doesn't look interesting enough for me to do my best.
That will be useless enough for me to spend the rest of my life, facing the end of the world.
Duh.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments