That Song Called 'Gloomy Sunday'

By Kezia Tania - Saturday, September 03, 2011

Hey! I'm here to make post again. I don't know why but I feel more comfortable to use the newest version of Blogger. Well, not really a version actually. But I just love it. It makes me easier to write post :)

Anyway, back to the topic. So I was on Twitter and reading my timeline when one of my friends wrote that his friend was just finished downloading a song called 'Gloomy Sunday'.

I was surprised to know that there is a song called 'Gloomy Sunday' cause I've written a poem about a month ago and it has a title 'A Lazy Gloomy Sunday'. But yeah well, I made that poem for someone. You know. Kinda like a heartbreak feeling that girls have :P

Okay. Back to the topic.

He (my friend) said that the song is a song that makes about a hundred people decide to suicide after listening to it a whole part. And I was like, "maaaannn... this is stupid." when the other part of me felt curious about the song.

So I finally went to YouTube to listen to that 'creepy-killing' song. I was a bit confused when the search engine gave me the results of 'Gloomy Sunday' cause there were so many videos that shows 'Gloomy Sunday Original Version'.

But then my eyes caught on the first video that came above the others. It was written 'Original Gloomy Sunday' and it was Hungarian version. Well, I don't why they wrote 'Hungarian version' since I thought that song was made in America or something like that. But then I realized this fact that the song was written by a Hungarian composer.

Before I listened to it, I minimized the volume. Yeah, I was scared even though I was curious about it too :P
And before I listened to it, I read the description and was more scared cause it says that the composer and his wife also decided to suicide after listening to the song.

And not just that. It says that there are about a hundred people who suicide after listening to this song! MAN! This is s frustrating! But to fulfill my curiousness I finally collected my courage to listen to it.

The first part of it, was a sad... sad, sad intro that played by a piano. I rolled my mouse pad down to read all the comments, and got someone who wrote that he/she was almost decided to suicide after listening the 2 minutes of the intro!

Then I saw the composer's picture on the video. It's an old, old picture of him. I guess it was about in 1800s or something :P
Hah.
Who cares?
The song is more important than the picture that time.

So I was scared I might get up from my chair and go into the kitchen and take the biggest and sharpest knife my mom has, and stabbed myself with it after listening the whole song.

Really. THAT is the craziest thing people do after listening a sad song.
              Because of that opinion, I finally stopped video and then closed the tab. I was so scared. I might have been done something crazy like stabbing myself with a knife or maybe (the super-craziest one), pull my eyes out of their holes like some people do after they watching a kind of hypnotic video from YouTube (according to some information). Oh, I forget the video name. But as long as I remember, it has been deleted from YouTube, or... has it been shortened a bit? Oh well. I don't know and I don't care about it cause I ain't gonna lose my eyes :P

After I paused the video (yeah, right before I closed the tab), I read some comments under the description and got someone wrote that he/she had listened to the song a whole part and yet, he/she is still alive! ;D
And he/she wrote that he/she win. hahahaha! >_^

Well, I don't know how a song can make people want to do such things like suicide or pulling off their eyes. Maybe, there's a kind of a hypnotic things inside the song and accidentally, the person who's listening to it has a bad concentration so it makes him/her can get the hypnotic signal from the song.
Or... maybe it's because the person has a good concentration, so it makes him/her can't get the signal because he/she was doing something while listening to it, so it makes his/her concentration divided between the song, and what he/she is doing.

Oh, well. Who knows that?

So, I guess that's all about this post. If you wanna watch the video, you can immediately click this! That is the video I was watching at about 9.30 pm in the living room where this computer be and it was pretty silent and right beside me was my mom's room which was dark and it gave a 'plus-plus' scared feeling.

So, enjoy the song and hope you'll be strong enough to listen to it a whole part! 

But please! If you doubt your strength, then don't listen to the song. I don't want your family catch you die in front of your computer and they check your computer and click the 'previous' or 'back' button on your browser and know you were reading my blog and it's where you get the link for the video, and they want me to be in jail because of giving you bad link.
    When the truth is that I've warned you before not to watch the video if you doubt your strength. So the choice is in your hand :)




Yes, I'm serious.
100% serious.

See ya!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments