Ripley's Believe It Or Not

By Kezia Tania - Thursday, September 09, 2010

I just borrowed this book on Tuesday, 7th September, from my school's library. And that was the last day I went to school... Yeeeaah! But that's not what I mean. Actually, I want to tell you about this book.

"Ripley's Believe It Or Not" is a book which was written by Robert LeRoy Ripley. Well, I don't know.. But I think this guy is a really great guy. I mean.. How and where can he gets that unusual news, bizarre fact that can make the readers will ask the truth.
'Everywhere'. That's the answer. He wrote in this book, that he never ever afraid to running out of material for his book. And he wrote that he should to go to 64 countries to get those bizarre facts!
I like to read all about unusual and bizarre facts. Well, I don't know.. It's kinda fun to read them. It makes me ask about the truth. And that's why I borrowed this book.
The best bizarre fact that he wrote in this book, is 'horned human'. It tells about people who had a pair of horn, and most people think that they---people who had a pair of horn---are evils. But actually, that was a skin disease, called Cornu Cutaneum, horn skin tumors.
And Ripley gave some facts about this. One of them, is about a man, who lives in Lhasa, Tibet. And a pair of horn grows on his forehead at about 33 cm long! What a fact! (Sorry if I put this picture. The horn is on the back of the head, not on the forehead! :P)
And not just that. Ripley gave an unusual story about Morimoto, a Japanese guy, who could swallowed his own nose!
Oh, and also he gave a fact about a nine years old mother from France. It tells about a little girl--9 years old!--named Magdelaine-Charlotte-Jacquette-Renaud, who just given birth her first baby! Actually, it's not a really really bizarre fact, but.. Hello? she just given birth her baby when she was 9! And the guy who responsible to this case is Garcon Marchand, who's 'sully the innocence and weakness of the nine years old little girl'.
And yeah, I think there's a lot of things in this world, that God has already gave to us, no matter how 'bizarre' it was.. Hahaha... I know it's a pretty weird words that I wrote.. But, that's the truth, right? Hehehhe..
Anyway, so I hope you like this post..


God bless,
-Kezia Tania-

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments